The Sewing Studio is a unique concept, a community sewing workspace that encourages experienced and beginning sewists alike to socialize and sew. Designed to meet the needs of busy people, the Sewing Studio provides all the sewing equipment and tools you’ll need to complete almost any sewing project. In addition to ten individual sewing tables, the Sewing Studio is stocked with the following:
- 6-foot square cutting table
- 2-foot x 4-foot cutting table
- Quilting rulers and templates
- Scissors and sewing supplies
- Ironing boards and irons
- Design surfaces on every wall
- Dress forms
You are welcome to bring your own sewing machine, but you can easily arrange to use one of ours. We offer a variety of sewing machines for rent in the Sewing Studio. The Sewing Studio is open most Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Other times may be available by request. Call to reserve a time. Use of the Studio space is $5 an hour. You may also reserve a sewing machine for $5 an hour.
These days, too many of us yearn for a way to express our creative side, but we lack the uninterrupted time and space needed to bring the dream to life. The goal of the Sewing Studio is to build a creative atmosphere that supports inspiration and expression while sharing practical know-how. At the Sewing Studio, you’ll find a bright and airy space served by a knowledgeable staff. Whether you want to learn to sew or quilt, practice a new technique or simply enjoy some time with friends, the Sewing Studio is the place to be.
The Sewing Studio is also available to reserve for children's birthday parties or girl scout activities. Choose from a number of projects (based on the age and sewing ability of the children involved), including wool felt birthday crowns or softies, pillows, doll blankets, embellished t-shirts, and much more. Parties range from an hour and a half to two and a half hours. This type of party is recommended for children ages eight and above. Call or contact the shop for more information.
Before you use the Sewing Studio at Quilter’s Way, there are a few things we want you to know. If you sign up to use the Sewing Studio, you are making a commitment and agreeing to the following policies.
Sewing Studio Guidelines:
We'd like you to think of our Sewing Studio as your own workspace. We hope that you will use it gently and respect others present, in the same way that you would in your own home.
What We'll Provide:
You are welcome to use the tools we've gathered for that purpose in the Studio, including rulers, templates, scissors, irons, ironing boards and large cutting surfaces. In addition, when you reserve time in the Studio, we'll reserve a sewing table for your use. Tables are assigned on a first come, first served basis. All Studio guests will share the design walls that surround the floor of the Studio.
What We Ask Of You:
- We ask that you follow a few simple guidelines. Please bring your own rotary cutter. We are not allowed to loan you one for insurance reasons.
- Clean up after yourself. Classes and other customers will use the Cafe after you. Please be considerate and don't leave threads and fabric scraps on the floor. Our vacuum cleaner is available for use if you have a particularly messy project.
- Respect the other guests who may be using the Sewing Studio. Remember that your sense of humor or political views may not be shared by all. Please turn your cell phone off or at minimum leave it on vibrate.